based on Cohen-Coon's tuning rule
1. Draw a tangent line at
the steepest point of an open loop response curve
2. Estimate the dead time, Td.
3. Estimate the time constant, Tc, as shown in the figure above.
4. Calculate the uncontrolability parameter as defined below.
5. Select the controller mode i.e. P only, PI or PID
6. Calculate the PIDs based on the following:
For P only control
For PI control
For PID control
Note: RR is the process rate
per controller output as defined in "Optimum
PID calculation for SR and NSR process".